Tuesday 7 February 2012

Spend Vouchers, Get Rewards!



Before we moved to London, about 3 years back, we were in this University town called Nottingham and I absolutely loved the initial year we spent there. Needless to say, after you get a taste of London, you do not want to settle anywhere else. The husband dove into work soon after, leaving me to roam around the city centre aimlessly day in and out. I figured out the way to the mall the very next day and lucky for me, found an apartment a stones throw away. Sooner or later I knew I had to settle down and start cooking and on one of my mall exploration trips i walked into this massive grocery store Tesco. I spotted a cheesecake the moment I walked in and it was love at first sight. OK I'm exaggerating, but seriously, I can count on my hands how many times I have not walked in there in the 1 year we were in Nottingham. I must also add that we lived on the ready meals Tesco had to offer that entire year. They were so so good, even now I spot a Tesco express (a smaller version) somewhere and pick up a cheesy lasagna or bake to reminisce those good ol days. I really have Tesco to thank for the yummy meals we used to devour into.
The best part about shopping regularly at Tesco is their Clubcard. Its a completely free service wherein you can keep collecting points on almost anything you buy from Tesco, both in-store and online, and these points over time get converted into vouchers. For every 150 points collected, you get a voucher worth GBP 1.50 and, if that's not enough, you also get coupons that give you discounts and extra point options which you can redeem when you shop with Tesco. The more points you collect, the more vouchers and benefits you get back. Sounds good? Wait till you hear the rest.
These vouchers that you keep getting along with your Clubcard statements can be used in a number of ways. Some of the options are, spending them on groceries at Tesco stores and online, at their gas filling stations, Tesco direct, Tesco opticians, Mobile phones, Travel insurance and so on. All you need to do is present the voucher when you check out and the relevant value will be deducted from the shopping list. We used to thoroughly make use of  both the discount coupons as well as the Clubcard vouchers, and even now whenever I shop at Tesco, I scan my Clubcard (a permanent extension to my key chain) in the hope of getting all these perks.
But wait, it just keeps getting better. If you dont want to use your vouchers on Tesco, you can spend them on Clubcard Rewards. For every 5 pound Clubcard voucher you hold, you can get up to 20 pounds in Clubcard Rewards. So you can use them on anything- from days out with the family to a romantic dinner for two, club memberships, a holiday for the family, flight tickets, car rentals, books, cinema tickets- really, the options are endless. I myself have used it on various occassions, like restaurants and even entry tickets to amusement parks. keep a constant look out for new deals as Tesco keeps changing them on and off. Also, if you find something great, then dont think twice, just grab it immediately as vouchers may be limited for some services.
Applying for a Clubcard is also pretty straightforward. All you need to do is register online, by post or by phone, and your card will be home in a couple of days, after which you can keep swiping it each time you shop with Tesco and immediately reap benefits. For more details, log on to the Clubcard page which ill provide you with all the desired information.
This is Tesco's way of saying thank you, so why not accept it with a smiling face and open arms :)
Viral video by ebuzzing

4 comments:

Sandhya Hariharan said...

We have an extra large Tesco open 24 hrs... No matter which supermarket I hit, without my weekly visit its incomplete..
BTW we picked a pair of Tissot watches exchanging the vouchers lastyear..

Unknown said...

hmmmm...we don't have tesco here, but i wish i could get that bowl of lemony praen and chirizo rice!

Vineetha Sush said...

I too have a big tesco extra nearby,all the shopping is done there,tell me about vouchers,we even shop extra to give the vouchers we have,this week I spend 25 on clothing to get 5 pounds off :) Clubacard vouchers are the best !!

Torviewtoronto said...

sounds good :) checked it out I like this magazine
regards Akheela