Monday 17 June 2013

Review: Hotel Chocolat.

Hotel Chocolat sent me a box of chocolates to review and I must say the box didn't last that long. Each time I get a box of chocolates to review, the first thing I do is take a picture because I know it wont last for more than 2 days after the husband gets his hands on them. He is the chocolate fan in the house and so this review is purely based on what he thinks of Hotel Chocolat.

I was given the option to choose from their H-Box Selection and it was a difficult one. The boxes are segregated into different chocolate types- caramel, boozy, fruity, nutty, milk, white and so on- and comes in a convenient size box. My initial choice was the H-Box Everything Selection which meant I could enjoy a bit of everything, but the husband had other plans and he convinced me to go for the H- Box Dark Selection, purely because he is such a big fan of dark chocolates. It was not a bad choice I presume, considering that the box was emptied in 2 days time.
That said, if you are not a dark chocolate fan, this selection is perhaps not the best option. I do like dark chocolate, but I found this a tad too bitter for my liking. I know, I know, its sacrilegious to say so, but I might go for another selection the next time. I know that my review doesn't count here, but if I were to select a few favourites from the lot, it would be the Pistachio Praline, Salted soft caramel and the Pecan Brownies. The Burnt Caramel was indeed burnt (in a good sort of way) and the Chilli Pralines had that heat when you took a bite, but it didn't do much for me. The husband claimed it was one of the best dark chocolate collection he ever had and some cousins and friends who tasted them agreed with him. What we both didn't enjoy that much was the Liquorice Caramels, but that's just cos we are not liquorice fans.

On the whole I think Hotel Chocolat has managed to bring in some variety in the 'dark chocolate' league, and every piece is distinctly different from the other. The box is a good gift idea and at GBP 12 is a steal.  

With thanks to Hotel Chocolat for sending me sample boxes to review. Opinions are honest.

3 comments:

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Wonderful box of chocolate. Simply looks so lavish.
Deepa

Rafeeda AR said...

that box does look really good... but I wouldn't go for it, just like u say, I'm not a dark chocolate fan too. the only dark chocolate I eat is the after eights... :D

Unknown said...

looks so good.. how lucky are you Nisha!